HANDLING OF PERSONAL DATA
Fri Tanke publishing house has adapted the handling of personal data to the new and stricter data protection regulation (GDPR) which come into force throughout the EU on 25 May.
We use your personal information to be able to send newsletters and other information to you as well as the goods you order. We do not share your personal information with others. They stay with us, except when we have agreements with third parties that maintain the same level of protection as us. Examples of such parties may be companies that mediate, print or send our books or our communication material or are otherwise important to our business.
You have the right to know what information we have about you in our registers, to have it corrected or deleted and you can say no to direct marketing communication from us.
If you have any questions, contact our data protection officer email@example.com
We comply with the GDPR, the new data protection regulation, which means that we respect your privacy and your right to control your personal data. Our guiding principles are simple. We are open with what data we collect and why. We protect your data in the best possible way.
the policy applies regardless of the role you come in contact with us. As a member of a book club, participants in events or simply as interested in our business. It also applies if you come into contact with us via your professional role or if you are employed by us.
Fri Tanke förlag is responsible for personal data in the manner described below and we are responsible for processing data in accordance with current legislation.
The personal data we collect
We primarily receive personal information directly from you. Examples of personal information that we collect are your name, contact information such as mobile number, e-mail address or physical address. Account numbers and social security numbers are other examples. We may use your social security number to update your information from other public registers, such as the Swedish Tax Agency, if it is necessary to maintain good register maintenance. We can also use your mobile number to retrieve your name or otherwise supplement your information.
If we receive information from others, we will tell you where we got it from the first contact with you.
Fri Tanke förlag registers personal data:
- When you register as a participant in one of our events
- When you register as a member of our book club
- When you order / buy a book from us
- When registering or ordering a service or service offered through our various channels.
- . When you fill in your e-mail address or your mobile number on the website.
- When you pay to us via swish, invoice, credit card or through another channel or app.
- When you sign up for newsletters
- When signing an appeal or a list of signatures
- When you contact us via email, via the website or social media
- When visiting any of our websites or via any app, provided that you have accepted our cookies. The information collected there may in some cases constitute personal data.
- When you are employed and / or perform and internship with us
Our purposes – How we use collected information
We process personal data as follows:
1. Customer service
- To be able to register membership and/or participation in events
- To be able to fulfill orders for services and products via one of our channels
- To enable good service, such as handling inquiries, correcting incorrect information or sending information that you have requested in, for example, newsletters or book clubs.
2. Marketing and dissemination of information
- Information about membership, ordering services, demonstrated support for our business, etc. is stored and analyzed and forms the basis for offers and marketing of both a general and targeted nature.
- To be able to administer market research and carry out analysis
- For system administration and to obtain statistical data on our users’ behavior and patterns on an aggregate level, ie without this identifying you as an individual.
- In order to, through analysis of your behavior on our website, in our social media and in other channels including apps, develop, deliver and improve our products and services, the different ways you are offered to support our business and when you receive information about what we bring about.
- Personal data is also used in analysis to perform segmentation / profiling, to be able to develop targeted offers and services.
- To send you information and marketing via text message, e-mail, app, push notification or other digital contact channels or via regular mail or telephone, so you have an active relationship with us.
- To contact you via text message, e-mail, app, telephone or post about other offers, promotions, events or services that we believe may be of interest to you. Please note that you can decline this promotion at any time.
- To be able to give you relevant recommendations, offers and customized services based on what others with similar behavioral patterns have been interested in, what service you have chosen, what you looked at and shown interest in.
- To improve your user experience of our websites, apps, platforms, etc. by being able to adapt the presentation to the device you use and at the same time be able to make them more useful.
- To send important messages such as communication about changes in our terms and policies.
By this we mean usage that we need to do in order to run our business. This includes, among other things, that we use your personal information in the following cases:
- When you have sent an e-mail to one of our employees / trainees or to one of our official addresses, your information is used to maintain contact with you. The same applies when we have sent you an email.
- When you call one of our employees / trainees or to one of our official addresses, your information is used to maintain contact with you.
- When you participate in our business, your information can be used to carry out the business. For example, make different orders or meet accounting requirements.
- When you buy something from us, your information is registered in our customer register to be able to carry out your assignment and to be able to provide you with good service.
- If you are in contact with us in your professional role or are otherwise involved in our business, your information may appear in minutes, memoranda, as a reference for invoicing, etc.
- If you participate in any of our courses, we need your information to be able to run the business, give you information and be able to make evaluations and analysis.
- If you are looking for employment or internship, we process your information to assess whether you are the person we are looking for and to be able to contact you.
- When you are employed by us, your information is used for personnel administration, payroll administration, IT and information security and to satisfy your physical security. We will also need your information to be able to exercise work management and to run our business. In order to enable an analysis and evaluation of the professional development, we will possibly compile such data.
- In our financial administration and follow-up, personal data appears on invoices, in vouchers, reconciliation documents, in investigations and other documents, but also in communication with interested parties.
- In our business evaluation, personal data appears in internal reporting systems, in reports and in accounts.
Information that may be disclosed
We can share information with companies that process data on our behalf so that we can provide you with good service and be able to conduct and develop our business. This can be distribution, analysis, payment service, implementation of events or other services. When handling personal data, a high level of security and confidentiality is always observed.
If you use our website and apps, information is collected via, for example, cookies. However, this is only done after a separate approval. Then the information about your use is stored. This can be technical information about your device and internet connection such as operating system, browser version, IP address, cookies and unique identifiers. When visiting our website where our services are provided, various techniques can be used to recognize you in order to learn more about our users. This can be done directly or through the use of third party technology. Failure to accept cookies may result in some services not being provided.
Legal basis, storage and sorting out of personal data
By submitting information to us, you give your permission to Fri Tanke förlag to register and store information about the reason you provided it (eg to become a member of the book club or to order materials or participate in an event) and process the specified personal data for specified purposes.
For all processing of data there must be a legal basis for all treatments and we rely on:
- Fulfillment of agreements – that, for example, which is actually required to become a member or buy something
- Legal obligation – for example that we are obliged to provide information to the Swedish Tax Agency or to take care of our accounting.
- Legitimate interest – when it is considered correct to use your information in our task to promote long-term idea development and opinion formation about the importance of the market economy and free enterprise for economic growth and welfare.
- Consent – when you have expressly stated that we may process your data
The processing takes place in accordance with current legislation which means that personal data is not retained for a longer period than is necessary with regard to the purposes of the processing. We will store your personal information as long as you have a relationship with us, for example if you are a member of our book club or visitors to our events, but also some time thereafter depending on the purpose. Data is sorted out when it is no longer relevant or necessary for analysis or direct marketing for the purposes for which it was collected. Some information can be retained longer when required by other legislation. We can also retain certain contact information for future contacts regarding assignments, job offers or invitations to events, etc. When handling any personal data, a high level of security and confidentiality is always observed.
Your rights and choices
You have rights regarding your personal data and you have the opportunity to influence the information that we store. We will, on our own initiative or on your own initiative, correct information that is found to be incorrect. You can also request at any time that your data be deleted or that its use be restricted by contacting us (see address below). If you believe that your rights are not respected by us, you are welcome to contact us or you can contact the appropriate authorities.
You can refrain from receiving direct marketing from us at any time. Contact us if this is the case.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on a legitimate interest, if you have reasons relating to your specific situation. However, if we can show mandatory justifiable reasons, a new assessment may give us the continued right to process your data.
You can obtain information about which personal data is registered, by requesting this in writing or digitally from us.
For further information about personal data management or if you have questions, you are welcome to contact our data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org